I’ve been making Salted Caramel brownies for almost a decade, and each time I make them, my husband exclaims ” they’re the best in the world!” It may be one of the reasons he married me. These are definitely saved for special occasions and holidays, as I don’t skimp on any ingredients. Perfectly manly and sweet for Valentines. I sometimes make them with Bourbon glazed Bacon and sometimes with Walnuts. Either way, they will be one of the best desserts you’ve ever had in your life.
There is a two-part recipe to this treat. One for thick fudge brownies and another for this glorious amber hued Salted Caramel. You’ll be able to search for the Salted Caramel sauce recipe on the website.
They also make really great gifts anytime of the year. You can cut the brownies in any shape, here Ive cut them into hearts for Valentine’s day.
Salted Caramel fudge Brownies
Makes 16 brownies or more depending of size
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Coco powder
- 1 cup ( two sticks) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup of cooled Strong Expresso
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of good Vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon of Vanilla bean paste (Massey’s Vanilla bean paste link)
- 1 cup chopped Bittersweet chocolate bar or chips
- Salted Caramel sauce
- In a skillet over low heat, melt butter . Add sugars and cocoa powder . let cool off heat
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment or by hand; combine Flour , baking powder, salt and Bittersweet Chocolate
- To the cooled Cocoa and melted butter mixture add eggs, cooled expresso, and Vanilla Extract. Gently fold in to combine.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in 1/2 cup increments
- when using a stand mixer, make sure to stir slowly. you don’t want to over mix the batter
- Spray a 9×13 inch glass pan or metal with nonstick Baking spray. line botton with parchment paper. For easy removal
- Pour in batter and gently smooth out
- Bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted knife or tooth pick comes out clean
- let cool completely, cover and then refrigerate for 1 hour or over night
- cut brownies into 16 equal squares, hearts or any shape. Slice down the middle and spread with 1 teaspoon of cooled salted caramel sauce, then sandwich back together. Drizzle top with a bit of extra caramel and sprinkle with a few flecks of Pyramid Salt
*Note: When cutting other shapes, the quantity maybe less. Be sure to search in the archives for Salted Caramel sauce.