If you’re a granola fan, then your going to love this recipe. Crunchy Oats and Almonds, with chewy sweet Dates and dried cranberries. Infused with warm spices, heavy on the Coconut, Gluten free and totally amazing !!
A delicious way to start your morning, better than all those over processed boxed cereals. This granola is refined sugar-free by using Turkish honey and a bit of Grade A Maple syrup to sweeten it up slightly.
Homemade granola is a cinch to make and you’ll never want Store bought again. Once you have all your ingredients measured out, the process goes very quick. The recipe makes a large batch and trust me you want a large batch. Everyone will want some. Plus its keeps in an air tight container for at least two weeks.
Most health food stores carry bulk bins of oats, grains, nuts, dried fruit, and coconut for a very reasonable price. I like to buy my granola ingredients this way because it’s not only cost-effective, it also reduces waste.
Coconut Cardamom Almond Granola
Makes 8 cups
- 3 cups of Oats
- 2 cups Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 2 cups Coconut ,unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Cashews or Pistachios
- 1/2 Toasted Flaxseed
- 1 cup of Dates (pitted and diced)
- 1 cup dried cranberries ,or diced Apricot
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cardamom
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon or Orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup of Coconut oil ( Virgin )
- 3/4 cup Turkish or Orange Blossom Honey
- 1/4 cup real Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees and ready two sheet pans
- Measure out all ingredients and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almond flour, slice almonds, coconut, cashews, and flax-seed. Chop dates . Make sure all pits are removed. set aside
- Stir in Cinnamon, Cardamom, lemon zest and salt
- In a separate bowl, Melt Coconut oil in microwave for 30-60 seconds
- Mix Honey, Maple syrup and Vanilla extract with Coconut oil
- Pour Honey oil mixture in bowl with oats
- Stir or mix with hand to thoroughly coat
- spread evenly among sheet pans. Do not over crowd pan; as it will not bake evenly.
- place on top shelf and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes for even color.
- Remove from oven and pour into clean bowl, Stir in dried fruit.