Swapping out Chickpeas with White beans and Tahini with Avocado may technically not be Hummus but I like to think of it as an updated version of a classic recipe with a twist. Its not only delicious but healthy and packed with fiber and protein. Amazing as a spread for sandwiches or a snack.
This Hummus is super quick and easy to make. Throw everything into food processor or powerful blender and give it a whirl. It should be smooth, creamy and a gorgeous pale green.
Serve with Pita chips, crackers or veggies. Wanna make a big batch ? Store in an air tight container in fridge for a week or freeze in individual snack bags. Toss in your lunch on the go.
Avocado White bean Hummus
- 3 small ripe Avocados
- 2 cups cooked Cannellini beans or Great Northern beans ( canned is fine)
- 2 Large cloves of Roasted or Raw Garlic
- juice of 2 small limes
- 1 tbsp. of Cumin
- 1-2 tbsp. of Kosher salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper or 3-4 cracks of fresh
- 1 small bunch of Cilantro ( rinsed and dried)
- 1 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive oil or Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp. of toasted Pine nuts
- In a food processor or Vitamix, add Avocado, White beans, garlic, Cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Scrape down sides in between and blend again.
- Carefully spoon into a beautiful bowl and smooth out, making a wavy pattern in the hummus
- Drizzle with Olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and toasted Pine nuts
- serve with veggies and assorted crackers and chips.