My daughter’s favorite color is pink. As much as I try to stay away from that color for home décor, Valentine’s Day is the one day I concede to having pink in my house…in a subtle way of course! My favorite place to source is Target’s Bullseye Playground for budget-friendly seasonal décor that is also chic. I also scour the aisles of Joann’s and Walmart for inexpensive holiday accents. Online shopping is always another source, but I normally opt to just pick up supplies whenever I’m out and about shopping for other things.
This year I used natural wood tones, accented with subtle pinks and fuchsias, tempered with white and touches of gold for my Valentine’s Day Brunch. Its festive enough for kids, while being chic and sophisticated enough for adult tastes.
I found these super cute heart-dotted napkins from The Dollar Tree. I doubled them up so they appear longer, then placed Spritz gold cutlery from Target on top. I then wrapped this darling Dollar Tree XOXO ribbon around the bundle, secured it with tape, and topped it off with these sweet stickers that found I found at Target. I chose the “I Love You Because” stickers so that I could write a thoughtful reason for each person that I love. It’s a simple way to add a personal touch!
Altogether these simple touches only cost around $0.50 cents per place setting, and they create such impact against the simple white plates. By the way, those beautiful white scalloped ceramic chargers are last year’s fabulous finds from The 99 Cents Only Store. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw them! I made sure to scoop up 10 for my home and I’ve used them over and over for every occasion since. You can NEVER go wrong with white ceramic plates!
Fresh flowers are a MUST with tablescapes! I am not a big fan of faux flowers. There’s just no comparison to the beauty and natural aroma of real flowers. However, fresh flowers can be very pricey in large quantities. So here’s my top secret tip: I mix both fresh and faux flowers in my arrangements! Gasp!!! Just kidding, I’m sure many people also use this trick. Why? Because it works! Most people can not tell the difference!
Here I’ve use a mix of fresh wax flowers and a farmer’s bunch from Trader Joe’s. Both were just $2.59 each. The large, full flowers are from my trusty pal, The Dollar Tree. I snipped them to size and used some of my old mercury glass jars for a chic touch. Faux mercury glass jars can be found at Michael’s craft store, Hobby Lobby, and Joann’s.
Aren’t they so pretty with the fuchsia, pale pink, and lavender of the wax flowers? I love them!
For my Valentine’s Day Brunch, the adult guests will, of course, enjoy traditional champagne-based Mimosas. For our younger guests, I make kid-friendly Mimosas with sparkling apple cider, orange juice, and fresh fruit.
It’s helpful to have your buffet table set up and decorated the night before . Since I’m usually cooking everything as well, I keep my buffet decor to a minimum and let the food itself take center stage.
Here, I’ve taken my Manzanita branch and simply added a gold LOVE banner that I bought from Target last year. You could also use any large, shapely branches from your yard just as easily. It’s a simple and impactful way to dress your buffet table!
Next I’ve set up everything needed for a Mimosa Bar:
- Champagne flutes
- Love drink Stirrers (Spritz brand from Target)
- Orange and other types of juice served in beautiful dispensers
- Fresh cut fruit
- Champagne and sparkling wines
For the food I can get as fancy as I’d like to be, but I also want to be able to enjoy my guests instead of being stuck in the kitchen. Make-ahead dishes are the way to go. Frittatas are a great main dish for brunches. They can be made with all sorts of veggies and meats. They also reheat nicely and can be frozen for future meals. Visit the Refined Cravings section for one of my favorite breakfast frittata recipes!
Sweet treats are an inevitable part of Valentine’s Day, but I also love to include a variety of fresh fruit for healthy balance. It’s especially filling and delicious paired with unsweetened Greek yogurt and granola. Arrange your fruit on a beautiful platter or bowl like this adorable Heart shaped Board I found at Target. I arranged my fruit in a rainbow pattern because the kids really dig this and it adds a bit of colorful whimsy.
Let’s not forget the sweets! It’s always a good idea to serve a selection of plain biscuits or croissants asking with fruit flavored cake or pastry… and, of course, chocolate! Visit Refined Cravings to find recipes for Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake and Salted Caramel Brownie Hearts.
Place your desserts on a beautiful tier or platter, then add a few festive touches with fruit and heart shaped decor and voila!!! You have an easy and thoughtful brunch for your loved ones on Valentine’s Day! For similar products, you shop the links at the bottom of page.
Dont forget the coffee!!!
- Rose Gold Glitter Ribbon – Spritz™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCTx
- Bright Gold Decorative Ribbon – Spritz™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCUG
- Beaded Cake Stand White – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCnv
- Marble & Acacia Cake Stand – Project 62™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCq1
- Marble Cake Stand White – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCrT
- Cake Stand with Cover: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCuJ
- 30ct Heart Print Disposable Lunch Napkins – Spritz™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCxs
- 60ct Gold Cutlery – Spritz™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCLV
- Cookie Cutter Set – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCCf
- Wilton Fluted Tube Pan 8″ Red: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCFu
- Vintage Glass Beverage Dispenser 5.8L – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCKV
- Glass Beverage Dispenser with Acacia Lid 5.87L – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCMy
- Antique Scroll CollectionWhite Dinner Plate: http://shopstyle.it/l/wCW0
- Riedel Vivant 4pc Champagne Flute Set 9oz: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC1d
- Contemporary Gold Cheers Champagne Flutes Drinkware Set: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC1D
- 4pc Champagne Glass Set 8oz – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC18
- Cylinder Vase: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC3K
- Cylinder Vases: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC5I
- Valentine’s Day Decal Glass Candle Vintage Lace 4.9oz: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC6X
- Tassel Garland Light Pink/Dark Pink/Gold 60″ – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC5n
- Heart Shapes Garland Gold/Pink/Purple 60″ – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC8o
- “XO” Wall Art Sign 6″x6″ White/Pink/Gold – Threshold™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC7S
- 12ct White Paper Doilies – Spritz™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wC9z
- 9.5″ Cream Rose Heart – National Tree Company: http://shopstyle.it/l/wDiD
- Artificial Peony Bunch (20″) – Vickerman: http://shopstyle.it/l/wDl3
- Stickers I Love You Because 28ct – Spritz™: http://shopstyle.it/l/wDBL
- Chalkboard Decor: http://shopstyle.it/l/wDCQ